Lauren Alaina has a country superstar to thank for her new single, "Eighteen Inches" — Carrie Underwood.
Underwood had a hand in writing the song, and it marks the first time one of her co-writes will be released as a single.
"It’s always been really cool when someone else wanted to record one of my songs that I helped write, but to actually possibly hear it on the radio at some point, that’s gonna be really cool, and Lauren is so amazing and does such a great job," Underwood said, according to The Boot.
Since both women got their start on "American Idol," Underwood said she has a unique connection to Alaina.
"I hope in some ways I can maybe be like big sister, you know?" she said. "It’s like, whatever she’s gonna do … I’ve been there, I’ve done that. Maybe I can be like, ‘Stay away from this, and do more of this, and you know, take more pictures!’ "
Alaina couldn’t be happier to have Underwood’s name attached to the song.
For the full article, check out TheTennessean.com
- New Single: Barefoot and Buckwild!
- 2013 Special Olympics World Winter Games
- Lauren Nominated For "Best New Artist" at ACAs!
- Lauren Embarks On Journey To Her 18th Birthday
- LAUREN ALAINA FORCED TO CANCEL CINCINNATI AND DETRIOT AREA APPEARANCES WITH SUGARLAND DUE TO DOCTOR ORDERED VOCAL REST
- Music City Beat: Carrie Underwood co-writes song for Lauren Alaina
- LAUREN ALAINA TO RELEASE NEW SINGLE, “EIGHTEEN INCHES,” ON JULY 16
- Lauren Alaina, Luke Bryan, and Paul Worley Bring Music to Life With ACM Lifting Lives Music Camps 2012!
- American Idol Alums Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery to Perform During CMT Music Awards
- City OF Hope Softball Event